Monday, March 21, 2011

The Stinkeye

After an amazing weekend, we were all dreading the return to work today.

C-Bizzle put on his cutest hat yesterday and begged me to stay home with him today.

He couldn't believe it when I said no.
So he pulled out all of the stops, and when he woke up, he had the stinkeye! (Also known as pinkeye, aka conjunctivitis).

Sneaky move, C-Note.
When we got to the doctor's office, the pediatrician confirmed my suspicions...it was the stinkeye. Turns out, however, that for safe measures, CB also picked up a little ear infection to go with his pinkeye--just in case I thought about going to work after getting eye drops.

So my poor little buddy spent a lot of time snoozin and crying today. He wanted to be held pretty much all day, which was super helpful while I tried to conduct business from home.

My little office assistant, sleeping on the job.

He was not a fan of the eye drops.

"No pictures, please."
I found myself getting frustrated a little while ago, because I was trying to get some things done and I could not get him to settle down so that I could put him down. I finally gave in and just sat down with him to wait it out. He calmed down pretty quickly once I resigned myself to waiting patiently (lesson learned, C$) and he put his hand on mine, wrapping his fingers one at a time over my thumb in a mindless, drumming fashion. It was the sweetest thing in the world, and my annoyance immediately melted away.



I have made no attempts to hide my contempt towards Mondays. This Monday was no different, only I didn't run out of gas. Monday 1000, Holly 0.

At least I got to steal another day away with my little man. Take that Monday, you hateful beeyotch.


No comments:

Post a Comment