Thursday, March 10, 2011

Waste Not

C$ striking a pose in his Tennessee gear this morning. Look at those sleepy eyes and that bed head hair!

A smile for mommy and for the Vols
After another long day at work, I found myself scrounging through the kitchen, wanting to cook something, but not wanting to get into something that would take forever. We were already on track to eat dinner at about 7:30 if I hurried! It is HARD to get everything done every night! Anyway, I decided I needed to use up some of my leftovers that would otherwise go into the trash. I had some chicken in the fridge that needed to be cooked today so I popped that in the oven with a teeny drizzle of EVOO and some garlic salt and onion powder. Then, I gathered these ingredients and got to work...
A motley crew of ingredients, no? The pasta sauce was leftover from our spaghetti squash we had last night, the pasta has been in my pantry since who knows when, and the other items were basically impulse buys I hadn't used in the months since I purchased them. Waste not, want not, right? I ended up making a bit of a casserole of sorts. It had chopped chicken, a bit of fat free cream of mushroom soup, some whole grain, whole wheat pasta, a pinch of oregano and the rest of the parmesan cheese I had leftover from the dip I made for Gracie's party on Saturday.

It was GOOD!

We watched the Vols play in the first round of the SEC tournament against Arkansas, tonight whilst eating dinner. They tried to waste a big lead, but ended up with the win.

We are happy campers today, right CB?

No comments:

Post a Comment