Thursday, March 31, 2011

Copycat Breakfast

I haven't been doing a lot of cooking lately, as I've been eating by myself and cooking for one is no fun. Sunday, I decided to borrow a recipe from one of my favorite foodie bloggers and make a breakfast treat for the week.

I made muffins based on this recipe.

Here are the ingredients I used (not pictured: sea salt and all purpose flower)

As always, my trusty kitchen sidekick was there to laugh at me watch me make a mess support my cooking adventures.


Layer a bit of batter into a muffin pan. I probably could have used a bit more on the bottom than I used. I was afraid of running out of the mixture but the surprise filling seeped out of the bottom of a few of my muffins.
Add filling. I used Smuckers Simply Fruit Strawberry Jelly. Yummo.
Add remaining batter to muffin pan.
Wait for them to cook.
Voila. They were good!

Not exactly "Clean Eating" as they contain sugar and flour, but I used mostly organic products, so they weren't complete rubbish. For muffins, they were relatively healthy, I think.

Check out this blog and enjoy some of her other delicious vegetarian recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment