Sunday, November 28, 2010

Waiting for the Food Network to Call

Yesterday, I spent the day with my little man. We decorated the house for Christmas. I am not finished because it takes approximately 1,000,043 hours to spread out the branches and make the tree look presentable. My hands and arms are cut all to hell but my tree looks good so I guess it's worth it. During the day, I decided to make some quinoa. I purchased it upon Tosca Reno's suggestion but had not yet mustered the courage to cook it. I cooked quinoa and some black beans and added some spicy flavor and had that with baked spicy chicken for both lunch and dinner. I am a culinary genius. It was delicious. I heart quinoa.

As the day went on, I realized that I needed some booze to fuel my Christmas spirit. I packed C-money up and we went to Hobby Lobby to get new ribbon for my Christmas tree and then headed over to Grape and Grain for a little vino. Yes. I took my 4 month old son into a liquor store. Don't judge me. It was a Christmas decorating emergency. I briefly considered wearing sunglasses into the store to shield myself from the shame.

Today, I need to get up and finish my decorating the house for Christmas and head over to Whole Foods for my grocery shopping for the week but what I really want to do is crawl back in bed. I am sleepy! I get to eat some new and exciting things this week (i.e. not sweet potatoes). I am most looking forward to brown rice, nonfat plain yogurt topped with granola and fresh berries, and whole grain muffins and wraps. I guess I need to plan out my meals for the week so I don't get carried away and waste a ton of money. I am pretty excited about the Paradise Island Bean Burgers we will be having one night this week. Yum!

Blogs of note...I was recently turned on to the Skinny Runner blog (thanks Morgan Beene) and although I am not a runner, at ALL, I am obsessed with it! Maybe I will be inspired to put on some jogging shoes and give running another chance. Check her out at skinnyrunner.com. What blogs do you love to read?

1 comment:

  1. I saw a baby in a bar yesterday. Sitting at the bar with his dad (in his lap). Parked the stroller right outside. Carter's gotta learn about liquor stores at some point in his life.

    ReplyDelete