Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Well...I made it through Thanksgiving! I have to admit, I was a little nervous about the damage that Thanksgiving might do to the ole diet, but I weighed myself Thanksgiving morning and again this morning and...no weight gain! Not even one little ounce. I say that is a victory. I started out my Thanksgiving morning like every other (oatmeal and egg whites) and even had a midmorning snack of turkey and an apple. We ate lunch at Billy's mother's house and dinner at my aunt's house. I saved my splurge for dinner so at Billy's mom's house, I had a bit of turkey, a small spoonful of his mother's most delicious green bean casserole (it's my very favorite and it is not like your average green bean casserole with cream of mushroom soup. It's made of cream cheese and fatty yumminess).

At dinner, I ate horribly but I kept my portions small. I feel gluttonous telling you what all I consumed but I am going to put it out there because that is what this blog is about. I had stuffing, cheesy hashbrown casserole, 2 deviled eggs (2! dammit Holly!), corn casserole and mac and cheese. I also had a tiny bit of dessert but it really was just a bite of two of my faves so it wasn't too bad. The ridiculous carb and cheese overload definitely made me feel lethargic and yuck, but it tasted delicious and it was Thanksgiving, so I make no apologies for the splurge. I got right back on the diet bandwagon this morning and had oatmeal and egg whites and I even packed my chicken, spinach and sweet potato and my snacks as we went up to Greenfield, Tennessee to decorate my grandfather's house for Christmas.

I love my grandfather's house but I think it looks especially beautiful at Christmas. He has an ancient Christmas tree that we have to put in each branch to assemble it, but it's enormous (like 12 feet tall) so we continue to use that same one year after year. It is obviously not pre-lit, as it is from the 60's, and we usually just drape lights around it and call it a day and it looks fine. This year, I decided to go all out and wrap the lights in and out of each branch. It looked amazing. Do you have any idea how many lights that takes? About 8,000,000. That's how many. It also took about 260 hours. It looks great, though. I will post pictures later. Maybe.

Well, I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! The New Year will be here before you know it, so maybe some of you will be inspired and try a little clean eating, too! I am excited that I made it through the first two weeks (oatmeal and sweet potato hell) and I have to tell you, I don't hate oatmeal anymore. I have gotten used to it and actually sort of like it now. Now I can eat other clean foods like yogurt with granola and fresh fruit, nut butters, peas and beans, brown rice, Ezekial breads and wraps and whole grain pasta. YUMMO.


No comments:

Post a Comment