Saturday, November 20, 2010

7 days = 1/3 way to a habit

I think it's the theory (or maybe it's a proven fact) that it takes 21 days to make something a habit. It is possible I made that up or messed it up completely, but I'm going to go with it. I have been at this clean eating experiment for 7 days, so, theoretically, eating healthy will be a habit for me in 14 more days. I hope so!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday. I spent mine with my favorite little man. I didn't get much accomplished, though. I tried to get our stockings monogrammed today, but the stupid place closed at 2:00. What kind of business closes at 2 on a Saturday? The only other monogramming place I could think of is in the front of Walmart on Hwy 64 and I would rather take a bullet than go to Walmart on a Saturday, especially this close to the holidays. It would be a veritable madhouse. After the failed monogramming incident, Carter and I headed over to Target, which was a zoo. I wanted to get a little Christmas shopping done, but one look at the toy section and I decided that my shopping would have to wait...preferably until a weeknight when the store is not so crowded and I don't have Carter with me. I got some spoons and bowls for Carter to use for cereal and got out of there as fast as I could. Then we went to the clubhouse for some football. It was fun, but it is definitely different for me there now than it was last football season!

As you can tell from my post, I made it through today with my plan. I mixed it up with scrambled egg whites with spinach and turkey for dinner. I didn't have any cooked chicken or sweet potatoes and I really didn't want that anyway. The eggs hit the spot.

One week down, one week to go (of the strict stuff).

No comments:

Post a Comment