Thursday, November 18, 2010

a l m o s t there

I feel like if I make it to Friday with my new experiment, I have made it. I think it's because at work, we have a tendency to talk each other into going to lunch pretty much every day, just to get away from the insanity of our clients. I knew that if I made it through one week at work, I would show myself and my coworkers that I am serious and I really want to stick this out. So, yay! 4 days down! I know my coworkers waistlines and wallets will thank me if we all stick to eating at the office every day.

For those of you who have been on the edge of your seats waiting for my oatmeal update, today, I tried steel cut oats topped with fresh blueberries and two sliced strawberries. I will say this, I think that if the berries were in season, it would've been pretty good. The berries were a little sour, I think, because berry season is in the summer. Sour berries aside, the oatmeal was tolerable today. I was able to tolerate several bites of oatmeal without wanting to gag. Progress.

Also today, we ate dinner with my in-laws. We usually eat with them every Wednesday but this week, we moved it. Anyway, I took my dinner (and made Billy warn them ahead of time so that they would not think I was an a-hole for bringing my own dinner), and they had vegetable soup. I have only been asking for vegetable soup since it started to get cold and right now, I cannot eat it (especially not the way they cooked it :(

Okay well it's time to put the little one to bed so for those who are interested, here is what I ate today (sidenote: once I am through the strict period of this experiment, I will probably only notify my readers of truly delicious--or truly disgusting dishes)

Breakfast
Steel cut oats with fresh blueberries and strawberries
Scrambled egg whites with one yolk

Mid Morning Snack
1/2 apple
(I was in court so I couldn't very well whip out a chicken breast to nosh on)

Lunch
Leftover baked chicken with chipotle seasoning
steamed broccoli
1/2 baked sweet potato

Afternoon snack
1/2 apple
sliced baked chicken breast with some delicious jalapeno hot sauce

Dinner
Spinach salad topped with baked chicken, avocado and tomato, and balsamic vinegar
1/2 baked sweet potato

No comments:

Post a Comment