Monday, November 22, 2010

To Motivate the Non-Believers

I waited the entire week to post any stats, so here goes. Since I have started the clean eating I have lost (drumroll please) 6 pounds! Yay! I know that this is just because I have started something new and shocked my body with my nutritional intake, but still, it's exciting and motivating, no?

I think that this is also starting to help me in other areas of my life, as well. Yes, I am aware that I have only been doing it for a week, but I swear, I was less preoccupied with hatred for my job and my clients, etc. last week and I was so excited about preparing my meals for the week ahead of time, that I was in a surprisingly good mood on the way to my mediation today. This case has been going on for years. YEARS, people! Guess what? They SETTLED!!! I am convinced it is because of the residual effect of my obsession with my new diet. I have been so preoccupied with it that I have seriously worried so much less about my evil work life!

I won't continue to post my meals this week, as they are the same (oatmeal, egg whites, chicken, broccoli and sweet potatoes) pretty much every day until the end of this week. I did, however try something a little new with my sweet potatoes, because I could not stomach the thought of another baked sweet potato. I baked a few yesterday and today, I peeled the skin off, chopped one up, added some liquid smoke flavor and chipotle spice and then mixed them with a mixer like you would mashed potatoes. It was good! I just needed a little variety and it hit the spot. I don't like my sweet potatoes sweet, anyway, so smoky and spicy was the way to go for me.

I got a few suggestions on workout dvds so thanks to everyone for the input! I will be sure to keep everyone posted on my progress once I start my workout plan, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment