Sunday, December 5, 2010

S.O.R.E.

As you all know, I stared Jillian Michaels' 30 day Shred on Wednesday morning. I woke up Thursday and was sore, but decided to push through and work out again. That may have been a mistake. Throughout the day on Thursday, I grew increasingly sore, to the point I was literally having to use my hands to lower myself onto chairs/toilets/anything you sit on. It was pretty pitiful. Jillian loves lunges and squats, hence the ridiculous soreness. Friday morning, I decided that walking was necessary because I needed to go to court and Christmas and grocery shopping, and also because it was just me and the little man this weekend as B was out of town. I am not sure that one would call what I was doing "walking." I seriously looked like I was trying to learn how to walk with prosthetic legs or something. My quads were so weak I feared my legs might just give out from under me. Pathetic. I was able to walk again today like a normal person, however, I cleaned the house, decorated, put up garland and Christmas lights outside, cooked dinner and started on dinner for tomorrow night, and am just now sitting down for the first time, so I have not done the workout since Thursday morning. Never fear, though. I plan on picking right back up tomorrow where I left off. I only hope that this week, my legs are at least a little bit stronger so that I can walk and use the restroom like normal.

I made some turkey burgers tonight with a crazy recipe from my Eat Clean book. The recipe included ground turkey, skim milk, high protein cereal flakes, egg whites and some other ingredients. When I formed the patties, I have to admit, I was pretty sure it was going to be a disaster. You know what, I was WRONG! They were delicious! I put the burger on a whole grain bun and added romaine lettuce and a teeny bit of guacamole. YUMMO.

Now, I am cooking split pea soup. I have had it once before and it was delicious. I keep going in to check on it, though, and it looks nothing like the picture in the cookbook or the kind I had before. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a huge waste. Maybe it will surprise me, like my turkey burgers. Stay tuned and I will let you know exactly how the soup turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment