Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cheater Cheater

That's me. Cheater, cheater, junk food eater. This weekend, I deviated from the clean thing for the first time. Friday night, I went to a wedding and by the time we got to the reception, it was already 8:00. I was starving so I made the executive decision that I would punt the diet for the evening. I ate wedding food (chicken fingers, little sandwich, spinach dip, etc) and didn't even eat cake, but still, the next day, I felt like CRAP. I had the worst food hangover ever. It was worse than a hangover. My stomach was queasy all day and I didn't even drink at the wedding. I was so nervous I wouldn't be able to have fun at the Tacky Christmas Sweater party last night. (Don't worry. I had plenty of fun...too much fun, I think).

Last night was the annual Tacky Christmas Sweater Party so I obviously drank lots and lots of whiskey and some keg beer during the flip cup Olympics that occurred in my garage. It was super fun this year! Much more fun than last year, when I was pregnant and hated everyone. I did try to control myself food-wise, though, so I would not have a 10 pound gain when I weighed myself again. I had Subway before the party so I was able to skip all of the tasty party snacks, made mostly of butter. I was pretty successful. I only had a few spinach balls (that I remember). Miraculously, I was able to function today and we even had our friends Jared and Kelly and Mabel over today to play with Berry. It was nice to chill in our pjs with some friends since we were all pretty tired. It gets harder each year to recover from drinking nights. We still play the same games and have the same friends, but we're all a little older, fatter and balder and it takes a little longer to bounce back. It was fun, though!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I can't believe this week is Christmas! Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

  1. That's a great idea to eat before a party. I was craving Subway tonight, but decided to cook instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Morgan. It was quite possibly the most intense and fun series of flip cup games ever. Don't worry. We will play again when you come in town. When are you coming in town??

    ReplyDelete