Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Nothing to say but Epic Fail

As all 10 of you know, I started out on a quest to radically change my life for the better and started with eating clean. I knew it was foolish to start such a venture right before the holidays, but I wanted to be hardcore and decided that the holidays were not an excuse to live in gluttony and wallow in laziness. I did wonderfully through Thanksgiving and even through the first several Christmas parties. Since Christmas Eve Eve, however, I have fallen off of the clean wagon. Hard. Straight onto my fat ass.

I have nothing to say for myself except that I intend to pick right back up where I left off. I am positive that I have reversed quite a bit of the progress I made on the scale, but that is a part of the process, I suppose. Lesson learned. Again. Cannot eat like a fat ass without becoming, well, a fat ass. Shocking revelations being made here, people. Groundbreaking, really.

I don't want to say that my New Year's Resolution is to eat clean, because I made that resolution before New Year's, and that, to me, makes it more serious and permanent. No one sticks to her New Year's Resolutions, anyway. That never stops me from making them, though, so here goes:

-cook more at home
-be a better wife
-and mother
-and sister
-and daughter
-and friend
-hang out with my friends more (before I become a full blown recluse)
-go to church regularly
-work out on a regular basis
-take my lunch to work regularly
-stop complaining about my job so much (although I feel that this is an impossible goal. So far this week, I have received a letter from a client asking me to reduce the charges on her past due account, and a $10 payment on an account well into the thousands. TEN dollars. That is not a joke. I feel my hands are tied in the complaining about work department, but, nevertheless, I will try my best).

I'm pretty sure I did a written list of New Year's Resolutions last year. If I can find it, I will post it with a report card on my progress. I doubt much progress was made.

Happy New Year, everyone. Here's hoping that 2011 is going to be a good one, since I am pretty sure that the consensus for 2010 was pretty much all around bad for everyone (except for the one ray of sunshine...my sweet Carter).

I hope you all have more fun plans than I do. I plan to stay at home and ring in the new year in my pajamas with my sweet baby (who will be asleep) and my husband. I am pretty excited about not having to figure out what to wear and where to go. See what I mean about being a recluse?

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I really want to be a recluse New Years Eve too! I just have to convince my social butterfly of a husband what a great idea it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are total social recluses. We have a party to go to and we're wondering how we're going to stay awake. You can do all of this. Just one step at a time. The main thing is to make time for all of this. Once you get a schedule, it's easier to keep (at least that's what worked for me).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Caroline! You look great and it is inspiring to see how you have kept up with your jazzercise and exercising routine. The blog will help hold me accountable, I hope!

    ReplyDelete