Thursday, December 9, 2010

I stink at this

I have vowed that I would get to work at a decent time this week to show everyone how manageable this lifestyle is. I am an utter failure to you all. The bottom line is, though, it is manageable and everyone can do it. I just need to get my a$$ out of bed sometime before 7:30 to start my morning workout, cook breakfast, pack my lunch and C's diaper bag, shower, dress myself and C, drop C off at the babysitter's and get to work, approximately 20 miles away from my house.

Yesterday, my time of arrival was a somewhat improved 10:00. Today, an abysmal 10:40. In my defense, the business really slows down this time of year. Turns out, not a lot of people want to get divorced right before Christmas. Go figure. Also, not a lot of people want to pay their bills right before the holidays either. Or ever. In fact, the other day, a client (read: now ex-client) informed me that she would pay me $50 towards her $2500 and growing bill, and that she would make another payment after the holidays, if she could. IF SHE COULD!! I asked her if she expected me to work for free. She said no. I asked her if she expected me not to touch her case, call anyone, set anything, send any correspondence or call or talk to her in any way between now and then, and she said "of course not." Funny. She doesn't expect me to work for free and yet she does not intend to pay me. I do not see how these two truths can exist at the same time, but again, I am not sure that this person understands the concept of "truth." That is a blog for another day, though. Suffice it to say, she is no saint and her moral compass is a bit off, in my opinion.

Anyway, I have been following another fun blog and I wanted to share it with you all. I am still relatively new to this blogging world and I love reading new blogs! This one is called "The Front Burner." www.thefrontburnerblog.com

One negative aspect of my newfound love of everyone else's blogs: I am now painfully aware of how embarrasingly subpar my blog is. I will try and work on this, but honestly, I don't know how to make it all fancy and highlight words that link to other blogs and whatnot. I need a blog tutorial.

1 comment:

  1. I love that blog! Another good one is Fannetastic Food http://www.fannetasticfood.com/

    ReplyDelete