Saturday, July 30, 2011

Berry Delicious Breakfast

I spent a small fortune yesterday at the grocery store and I am historically bad about not using all of the produce and groceries I buy before they go bad. Determined to use up every bit of my purchases, especially the impulse purchase of organic blueberries, I turned again to Mama Pea for a delicious breakfast recipea.

I knew she wouldn't fail me. I substituted blueberries for apples and made Mama Pea's Apple Blueberry Cinnamon Pancakes.

I had everything I needed for the job.

C-Bizzle munched on a few blueberries while I worked.
Okay, he munched on a LOT of blueberries while I worked.
For some reason, I have a griddle and it was MUCH easier to cook pancakes on the griddle than spooning out the mixture, one pancake by one, onto a skillet, but you can cook them that way, too.
Look at all of those blueberries!
I need to work on my flipping skills.
Holy blueberries these things are good.


C-Bizzle said they were worth the wait.

Delicious.
He went into a blueberry zombie state he ate so much.
They were finger licking good.
Arm lickin good...

They may take a few minutes longer to make than frozen pancakes, but I'd make anything that made C smile like that.
He said they were so good, they'd make you smack your mama. Especially for making him take a bath to get all of the blueberry juice he was saving for later off of his face and hands.


Have a great weekend everyone and if you get the chance, head out to the bookstore to get this cookbook! You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment