Friday, July 29, 2011

Holy Peas-An homage to Mama Pea


Most of you know about my total obsession with Mama Pea. I love her and think we would be friends if we weren't separated by thousands of miles. Because I want her to be successful (because it gives me hope that I, too, could be a successful ex-lawyer), I purchased her book. I even pre-ordered it in hopes that my purchase could increase her chances of reaching bestseller status.

I was so excited when this arrived yesterday...


I couldn't wait to try out some of her recipeas and it just so happened that I signed up today to bring food to my sweet friends who just had an adorable little boy. Perfect timing.

I was worried I would be disappointed because I love her so much that I didn't think it possible for her to live up to my expectations. I shouldn't have worried. I flipped through the book and found exactly what I wanted to make to accompany my casserole and salad for the new parents...Mama Pea's cookie dough balls.

I went to the grocery store and came home loaded up with MP's baking necessities.

She said I would want to eat the dough right out of the mixing bowl. She was right. Luckily for my friends and my waistline, I didn't, but only because I made this batch for my friends. Anyway, they miraculously made it to the oven...
And cooled off...
And packed up...
And labeled, giving credit to their originator...


I did eat one, though. Actually, two...one while they were piping hot and ready to go, and one when we got back from dinner. Holy cookieballs these things are DELICIOUS! I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I am going to toot Mama Pea's. She is a genius. Vegan schmegan, this is one of the most delicious treats I've ever had.

Mama Pea should've put me on her blog book tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment