Saturday, April 30, 2011

Like a Glass of Sweet Iced Tea

I had a trial yesterday up the road a bit in sweet, sleepy Somerville, Tennessee. Visiting this lovely town was like stepping into the past. This town is so charming and southern, like a glass of sweet iced tea.

Just look at the elementary school. Isn't it adorable?

The houses are old and stately. Swoon...
I mean, really.

(If you're wondering, yes. I got out of my car to take a picture of this amazing house).And look at the courthouse. Doesn't it make you want to be a lawyer? (Me either).

But seriously, doesn't it look like Atticus Finch himself might walk right out of the front doors?
This town has an actual farm, right on the Highway. It's like another world that exists just 45 minutes up the road.
Gorgeous.
Look how close they were!
This house is the most swoon-worthy of them all, but I couldn't get a great picture without getting run over by the traffic of the divided highway!
I love how you can see it peeking out from behind the trees.
It is gorgeous.

And of course, I couldn't pass up the John Deere tractor headquarters. Really.


I'm not sure I'm cut out for small town life, but I will say that my quick trip to the country was a tempting experience. It is such an adorably charming place. It reminds me of another place that is near and dear to my heart.

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love your posts. I'm starting a blog myself. First blog is set to hit tomorrow Sassysoutherngal. Appropriate don't you think? I liked your tea one today especially. Having grown up in a very tiny town, small town life is tempting but I'm not sure I could re-adjust. And yes it does look like Atticus could walk right out.
    Happy Mother's Day lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jawanda! I will check it out! Sassysoutherngal could not suit you more perfectly :)

    Hope you are all well. Give Rachel and Jonathan our love! Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

    ReplyDelete