Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just Like the Good Old Days

I got a phone call from my husband at work today with a cryptic hint that he was going to be my favorite person on earth and that I needed to look in the refrigerator when I got home. I was temporarily amused and tried to guess what might be awaiting me, but soon enough, my annoying clients distracted me and I forgot that I was awaiting a surprise. When I got home, I opened the fridge to see what I could scrounge up for dinner and I saw a to-go box. I thought to myself that Billy must've brought me some dinner as my surprise, since he has baseball as usual tonight. I opened the box and guess what I found? CRISPITOS! Straight from the cafeteria of my alma mater, Bartlett High School, complete with cups of chili topper and little cups of shredded cheese toppings. I could not have been more excited. I have been half-way jokingly asking my husband (a teacher for those of you who do not know) to bring me some of these delectable lunch treats for the past 6 years and he has stubbornly ignored my pleas for years! I mean, who knew all I needed to do was bear his child for him to bring me my favorite lunch items from my high school days?

I remember looking so forward to crispito day in high school each week and taking a bite of these delicious items took me straight back to 1999. I highly suggest that all of you get your hands on some crispitos STAT! They are every bit as delicious as they were 10 years ago.

This gesture earned my baby daddy some serious brownie points. Hmm, brownies sound good but I think crispitos were enough of a treat for one day so I won't indulge that craving :)

Everyone have a wonderful Easter weekend!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha...Haley told me to read your post last night and I was wondering why. haha. LOVE CRISPITOS!! :)

    ReplyDelete