Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Here Goes



Because I love to read everyone else's blogs, and because I love to have distractions from the things that I should be doing, I have decided to start a blog. For those of you who don't already know, Billy and I are expecting our first child this summer. Carter Barton Holt is due to make his debut July 7, 2010. We are both really excited (and anxious). I've recently gotten lots of practice with my sister's kids, so I am not the total lost cause to mommyhood that I once was. Carter has some pretty cool cousins and an awesome aunt, who will update her blog more than I will, I'm sure, so check her out at www.blissfullytheirs.blogspot.com.

We already have one "child," Buster, and he has been the one and only love of our lives for 6 wonderful years. Buster is getting a little sister TOMORROW! We're getting a new black British lab puppy. I want to name her Erica Berry and call her "Berry," after my second all-time favorite Vol, Eric Berry. My ultimate fave, of course, is Peyton. I do not think that Buster will appreciate his new little sister invading his territory, but I am hopeful that he will learn to love her. On a related note, if one more person tells me that I am crazy for getting a puppy a few months before we have a baby, I am going to go postal. I know that puppies require a lot of work and attention. I am a grown up and I will get a puppy if I want to, dang it! It will be fine!

I've been practicing in a family law firm since July of 2009, despite my best efforts to avoid the practice of law altogether. My long term goal is to win the lottery. I have yet to purchase a single lottery ticket, so I realize that my chances are limited, but I stand by my plan. It is my ultimate (and sort of secret) goal to write a book. If I had to pick a dream career, I think that writing books would be mine. I have loved to read my entire life. I loved to read before we all got old and it became cool. I would write fun, carefree books, nothing thought provoking or serious. Life is full of too many serious things, and books are my favorite way to escape from reality, so I would definitely write books that would provide that same sort of mindless escape that I so cherish. Maybe someday I will get it together and make it happen.

All of my sister's friends have done a list of 101 goals to accomplish in 1001 days. Maybe I'll steal that idea for one of my next posts. I will also try and put up pics of our new addition when I can!

1 comment:

  1. I'll read your blog if that makes you feel better! I'm right there with you if one more person asks me if I know how big Mable is going to be I might scream!

    ReplyDelete