Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Who says registering is fun?

So, I registered for baby things today at Babies R Us. I registered at Target on Saturday and attempted my BRU registry that day, but was informed after waiting for ages that the server was down and I had to come back another day. Today, my trooper of a sister came with me again because she knows how easily overwhelmed I am by things like this. When we first got there, the sales guy got out a room temperature gauge and informed us that it was some 77 degrees in the store. It was hot. I did my best not to get overwhelmed but I have no idea what I registered for. It is so frustrating. I registered for a "travel system" and matching pack n play and tried to look online for the matching swing and high chair and whatnot and found out that babies r us no longer carries that pattern. Now I am wondering if I should change my travel system and pack n play. I am afraid they will sell out and I will have to start back at square one. Annoying. Also annoying, I planned to come home and check out my registry online to see what all I asked for and to add and remove items as necessary and I cannot see any pictures of the items. It just shows a list of items. Boo! I'm also having a hard time finding a diaper bag that I like, that is not too girly and that is not insanely expensive. All in all, the registry process has stressed me out!

On a related note, I am ever so hopeful that people will stick to the registry (unless they have wonderful taste and understand my likes and dislikes). Baby boy stuff is so silly and girly for the most part. Why, why must it all be covered with inflated looking sports paraphernalia and animals? I mean, a simple polo style shirt does not need a teddy bear or a car or a truck or anything else. Less is more. Also, why must the sports related items all look like they are soft, inflated balls, bats, etc.? Why not put a regular football or baseball or whatever on the shirt or blanket or whatever? I do not understand why everything must be sissified for baby boys.

Well, that's my rant for the day. I shouldn't complain, I know. I will be grateful for any and all gifts I receive. I just hope I don't spend my entire 8th and 9th months of pregnancy returning items that I hate :)

Did any other moms have these concerns? It's so much easier shopping and/or registering for girls. Poor Carter. I will do my best to protect him from these atrocities.

1 comment:

  1. Omg, I could not agree more! Now, I'm not going to pretend like I don't love a little smocked daygown for my baby boy, but I do hate all the silly bears/baseballs/etc. that they put on everything!
    And, Babies R Us was also burning up the day I registered there..terrible! I had to sit in the display chairs halfway through and take a rest. Ha! And now I can't change my registry online because they have no password registered for me. Super annoying!

    ReplyDelete