Tuesday, March 16, 2010

101 Goals in 1001 Days

I am a copycat so here is my list:
1. Start an IRA
2. Purchase Carter's nursery furniture
3. Paint and decorate the nursery
4. Have a baby!
5. Get new carpet or flooring
6. Put our house on the market
7. Buy a new house
8. Get rid of the old furniture and junk in the attic that we will never use and that I know I will never have a garage sale to sell

9. Take the dogs and the baby on walks
10. Lose my baby weight...and then some!
11. Start cooking dinner again on a regular basis
12. Start going to church again on a regular basis
13. Buy a lottery ticket
14. Start putting money into a savings account each month
15. And add to the children's college fund
16. Find the cord that connects my camera to my computer
17. Or get a new, improved mommy camera!
18. Make it to East Tennessee for my family reunion with baby Carter in tow
19. Get a pedicure
20. Get a massage soon after Carter gets here
21. Get a new puppy!
22. Get the new puppy housebroken
23. Start taking more pictures
24. and adding them to facebook/picasa/blog to keep my family and friends updated
25. Start reading more (because I love it and don't get around to it nearly as much as I used to)
26. Make it to one Tennessee football game this season (we usually do...but with a new baby, everything will be different)
27. Re-establish the friendships I've let fall by the wayside due to jobs, stress and my general propensity towards reclusivity
28. Spend more time with my husband
29. Visit my grandfather as much as possible
30. Send thank you cards for EVERY gift (I used to be religious about this but now I am a total slacker)
31. Get new stationary to send thank you cards

32. Participate in Race for the Cure
33. Tell my husband I love him every day
34. Go on a family vacation (our first with a baby!)
35. Become more organized at work
36. and at home

37. Turn in C's daycare paperwork
38. Go to my husband's team's baseball games when it's nice

39. Paint the trim in my house
40. and the doors
41. and the master bathroom
42. Get new doorknobs
43. and cabinet handles
44. keep my closet clean
45. and my kitchen
46. Celebrate birthday number 29 (I have been saying I will ignore it and just stay 28 and celebrate Carter's b-days instead)

47. Clean the inside of my car
48. Vacuum the inside of my car regularly (this one is for Billy, really)
49. Start a baby registry
50. Get a shelf or cabinet for my office for my overflowing files
51. Start using my office storage space and stop storing files all over my desk
52. Start a baby book for baby Holt
53. Make my husband take me to the movies
54. Rent (or Netflix) 30 Rock to pass the time during baseball season
55. and Mad Men
56. Sit outside and enjoy a gorgeous afternoon in silence
57. Give myself a break
58. Work hard every day for at least a little while
59. Tell my sister how amazing I think she is
60. Find the perfect necklace as a baby present to myself for baby Holt
61. and try to get Billy to get it for me

62. Have a meal with my cousins (that is not on Christmas or other forced family holiday)
63. Find another location that serves Dr. Pepper icees
64. Take breakfast to my coworkers once
65. Learn a new recipe
66. Try something new
67. Say a daily prayer thanking God for all that I have, instead of only asking Him for things I want
68. Take time to really appreciate my life
69. Help someone with something important
70. Encourage someone to attain a goal
71. Allow myself to truly entertain the idea of writing a book
72. Think of a storyline that I would truly like to write about
73. Celebrate 6 years of happy marriage
74. Celebrate 8 years of togetherness with Billy

75. Attend a musical
76. Go to the lake
77. Take the puppy to charm school
78. Learn something new for work
79. Start doing wills
80. Say at least one positive thing a day (more of a challenge to an old, sarcastic pessimist than you know!)
81. Work every day to conquer my fear of failure
82. and allow myself to fail
83. and succeed
84. and learn from my failures
85. and reward myself for my successes
86. Practice patience with my family
87. and friends
88. and, most difficult of all, clients
89. Start a devotional
90. Ride around with my sunroof open and the windows down
91. Get some new shoes for work (mine are looking a little worse for the wear)
92. Drink more water
93. Drink less diet dr. pepper
94. Eat more fruit and vegetables
95. Keep fresh fruit in the house

96. Play makeup with Gracie
97. Take Buster and Berry swimming
98. Take my lunch to work at least 3 times a week
99. Adopt an angel to shower with Christmas presents
100. Have a photo shoot with G, E and baby C
101. Make a new list of goals!

1 comment:

  1. Love the goals. You can now mark off numbers 49, 59 (and thank you), and 69 (also thank you).

    ReplyDelete