Wednesday, March 17, 2010

She's Here!



We brought home our new addition today and we couldn't be more thrilled. Her name is Erica Berry Holt and we are calling her Berry. Hopefully, she will live up to her awesome name! We got her from a friend of mine from law school and she did so well on the ride home from Jackson. Hopefully, we will have the luck of the Irish and she will be a well behaved puppy from the start!

Buster sniffed her quite a bit when we first walked in the door. Honestly, though, he was more interested in sniffing Billy and me since we smelled like a whole litter of puppies. Since the initial meeting, he has been ignoring her and won't look at me or Billy, either. He is our first child and is very jealous and used to being an only child. He will get used to it and learn to love her. His world is about to get turned upside down when his human brother comes home this summer, anyway, so he'd better get used to life off of the throne pretty soon!

Her uncle Fulmer is also staying with us while my parents are out of town. He seems wholly unphased by her presence in the house. I think I overheard him telling Buster earlier, "I told you, man," in reference to Buster's new little sister. Fulmer is all too familiar with the arrival of a new little sister rocking his world.

I want desperately to share pics of our new baby and of Buster's meeting with her but I cannot find the cord that connects my camera to my computer. I could not be more ill about this. For now, my legions of screaming fans will have to make do with my crappy mobile uploads.

I am anxious to see how the evening goes. Hopefully she will not scream and cry all night. We rubbed a towel over her brothers and sisters so she could sleep with their scent. More to come!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on Berry. She's a cutie. I hope Buster takes to her soon! Welcome to "Blogland".

    ReplyDelete