Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bring on the wrinkle cream


In the past 8 days, I have attended three surprise birthday parties for my friends' 30th birthdays. (Happy birthday Angie, Ashley and Jared!) I cannot believe we are turning 30. It doesn't seem possible. But then again, there is evidence creeping into my everyday life that solidifies the fact that I am getting older, like it or not. I am going to play a little game called "Old or Young," to determine whether I should start filling out forms for Medicaid or whether I am still young and fun.

Schedule a hip replacement: I went to the grocery store today wearing a Bartlett Baseball t-shirt. I am ashamed of it. I put my hair in a ponytail in hopes that other shoppers would think I had been working out, but really, I just wore that shirt in public. Next stop, jean shorts and perms.

Sign up for belly dancing lessons: I was at least ashamed of myself for wearing said shirt.

Old as the hills: I woke up at 7 today even though my parents kept Carter so we could sleep in this morning after a party.

Young at heart: I went out last night and drank too much (but was in bed by 12:45...I don't think this is a plus for my "I'm still young category, but I'm keeping it).

Soak my dentures: It takes me forever to recover from a night out.

Buy a Buick: I have already done all of my grocery shopping for the next week or two, and have already cooked our meals for dinner this week.

Purchase some Ginko Biloba: I made actual recipes, as opposed to baking some chicken and opening a can of black eyed peas.

Wait a minute...my old points are racking up. I guess the evidence speaks for itself. I am officially getting older. I prefer early nights or spending time at home with my family to raging parties that end up at a late night bar downtown. I cannot recover quickly when I do indulge in a good time. I have learned a whole new level of "mind over matter," as now I have a child that does not care how late his mommy stayed up the night before. I've been dreading the big 3-0, but if this is where my life is heading...



Bring it on :)

For those of you who have been wondering where I was last week, I was busy (read: eating like crap, not cooking, and not grocery shopping for anyone but Carter). I now have a fully stocked fridge and have already prepared two exciting meals for the week. Here's a teaser...this week, the Holt kitchen will make it's first foray into tofu as well as polenta. I can't wait to see how these recipes actually turn out. I will keep you posted, even if they are terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment