Thursday, February 10, 2011

I say Let it Snow

I've heard a lot of complaining about the snow and ice lately. Memphians are not accustomed to so much of the white stuff, which means that when it snows, or sleets or rains and freezes, such conditions pretty much render the city immobile. People go crazy and buy up all of the bread and milk in the entirety of Shelby County, and people forget how to drive.

I agree, it is annoying, and I am almost ready for spring to show its pretty face to us, but seriously, I don't understand why people don't enjoy the snow. I mean, most of us don't have to go to work. It's like being a kid again. I am all for snow days.

Today, to celebrate our third snow day, I made chocolate chip pancakes and we're catching up on our recorded shows in our sweats.

Complain all you want, but I love to spend the day at home with the ones I love...

The puppies liked the snow, but decided it was too cold to stay outside.

Snuggle up with the ones you love and have a little nap.
And stop complaining about the snow. Soon enough, it will be so hot we cannot walk out the door and breathe comfortably.
(also, please do not judge the makeup-less photos of me. It is a snow day and I reserve the right to go sans makeup. I am aware that no one should have to see me without mascara. I am like an albino with those blonde eyelashes).

3 comments:

  1. he is getting so big! I like snow too. People up here complain about it and we're always like...you know you can move somewhere warmer right? Snow in Boston really should not be a surprise.

    ReplyDelete