Friday, June 3, 2011

The Truth Hurts

*Why is this happening?

Everywhere I go, I see things like this on the cars of ADULTS! I am so confused. I mean, don't get me wrong...I read the books. And saw the movies. Multiple times. I even enjoyed them in a guilty pleasure sort of way. But seriously, people? Number 1, car stickers are not cool (I will allow one per car, such as a school decal or something, but that is it). Number 2, if you are over the age of 17, decals referring to high school love stories are embarrassing. Come on. It's like having a sorority sticker on your car after you have graduated from college.

I also recently saw a woman who had a tweety bird spare tire cover on the back of her car. You read that correctly. I sent a picture of it to my friend, Laura. I am kicking myself for deleting it from my phone today. No one, under any circumstances, should ever own any Looney Toons paraphernalia, much less have a giant Tweety Bird on the back of her car!



This is pretty much what it looked like and let me just say, when I Googled to get an image, I was horrified at the amount of Tweety Bird car paraphernalia available for purchase. Gross.

Finally, and I am sure I will take some crap for this because this is not as widely hated, but let me go on the record and say that personalized license plates are not cool. Paying extra for your license plate to say something lame like 2hot4u does not, in fact, make you cool. It kind of makes you a tool. Okay, it totally makes you a tool. I was just trying to be nice. The worst are plates on minivans that say things like RaceFam or TooFast or something ridiculous. You drive a minivan. You're not racing anyone.

*If this is your car, I am sorry for publicly outing you, but I feel that I am doing you and any other sticker abusers a service.

No comments:

Post a Comment