Monday, April 26, 2010

FINALLY

I do not want this to come off as a complaint, because I know how absolutely lucky and blessed I am to have so many wonderful, caring people surrounding me during this time of my life, but with that being said, I had about a zillion thank you notes to write from my shower last Sunday. I was really starting to feel the pressure to get them done because it's been over a week since the shower and I didn't want anyone to think I was rude, but man! Do you have any idea how hard it is to write thoughtful, personal thank you notes to 40+ people? Wowsa my hand hurts! I finally finished them today, though, so as soon as I get some stamps, they'll be on their way.

As a side note, people: WRITE THANK YOU NOTES. It is a simple gesture to show your appreciation for a gift but when people don't write thank you notes for gifts, I think it is SO rude. I don't know if that's the southern girl in me but I cannot stand when people don't write thank you notes! The only excuse really is if they are baby shower thank you notes and the baby comes earlier than expected...then, I guess you have more important things on your mind than sending out notes. Other than that, just suck it up and do it.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! However, I was horrible about Gracie's birthday presents. I guess I was so busy with "everything" I just let it slip by me. :(

    ReplyDelete