Monday, April 19, 2010

Baby Gifts Galore

This weekend, Carter had his first baby shower. Friends from church threw this shower and as I have gone to the same church my entire life, there were lots of people there to shower our little one with love and gifts. I have never seen so many presents at once--all for one little kiddo! He is definitely lucky to have such a wonderful and supportive church family. We brought the gifts home and set them on the floor of the nursery (if you can call it that...more on that later), and they literally take up 1/2 of his bedroom! I mean, I still have a couple of showers to go! I am not complaining. Don't get me wrong. I am just starting to rethink this whole nursery thing and think that Carter may need to move into the master bedroom or take up both of the spare bedrooms to accomodate his gifts. Honestly, though, I felt so lucky to have grown up in such a wonderful environment and to have that kind of support and love in such an exciting time in our lives is just amazing.

As for the nursery, we have made little to no progress. It has yet to be painted. I cannot decide on a paint color. I have painted three different shades on the wall in hopes of aiding my decision. We have no furniture. Billy's wonderful parents are buying us a crib but we have yet to pick said crib out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. After the crib, though, we still need a dresser and changing table (or one of those nifty 2 in 1 numbers) for his room, and from the looks of his shower loot, he will need his own bookshelf, if not a library! All of my sweet friends and family know what a book nerd I am so they saw to it that Carter has an acceptable book collection for his arrival. Yay! I hope he loves to read like his mommy :)

That's all for now. I have to iron a shirt for the husband. Before any of you criticize me for being a 50's housewife, let me just say...he got me Baskin Robbins, so I couldn't refuse. He knows the way to get what he wants from a preggo.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful!! I know you'll get the room together in time. Don't worry. And it's so great that Carter is loved sooo much!

    ReplyDelete