Friday, September 17, 2010

Sloth--Deadly Sin or Awesome Friday? Let's Discuss.

Today, I had my first work day at home with Carter. For those of you who don't know, I worked out a deal with my boss so that I can work from home on Fridays unless I have court or something that requires my presence. I'm pretty excited about it.

Today, we woke up (for good) at about 8:00, which ruled. I could definitely sleep until 8 every day and be a lot more pleasant. At 8:00 p.m., I decided it was time to shower and give the baby a bath. Yes. I was still in my pajamas. In my defense, I had changed my shirt earlier in the day because the first one was covered in spit up, but the bottom line is, I have been in some form of pajamas all day long. I only showered because I was afraid Billy would come home and call child protective services or something.

Although my clothes and lack of showering might suggest otherwise, I actually had a really productive day. I actually did work a little and made some progress with a case that's been stalling for way too long. I also tidied up the house, which was no small feat. It's amazing how much crap piles up around the house when you have a baby living there. I washed bottles, did Carter's laundry, put his clothes away, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, and started on the living room. Who knew I could be so productive while working from home? Too bad I don't have some sort of kick ass job where I could work from home all of the time. Any suggestions for a job like that (one that actually provides income)? I am still hopeful that one day, I will have a wonderful story to tell and I will become a successful novelist. That would rule.

Have a good weekend and Go Vols!

No comments:

Post a Comment