Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dream Girl

I have been thinking a lot lately about what job I might actually LOVE doing. I've been trying to find my "dream job," if you will. It has been said (by whom, I do n0t know--Google it yourself) that if you love your job, you never work a day in your life. I do not have this privilege right now. I think having a baby really made me reconsider what is important to me. Life is short and I would like to be able to say, one day, that I LOVE my job.

With that being said, I don't really know what my dream job is. I mean, I know my ultimate dream job would be to write wildly successful novels, however, I have so much self doubt that I do not know if I will truly ever be able to do something like that. Sometimes, though, I think of the pieces of garbage that I have read and it gives me some confidence that I, too, can write a book that people might actually purchase. We'll see if this dream comes to fruition.

In the meantime, my coworkers and I have been discussing other options. So far, we have discussed opening a Chick-fil-a, but the requirements for obtaining one of these franchises ruled it out for us. We have also discussed opening a day care, but that may be more of a headache than it's worth with all of the licensing and liability issues and whatnot. I looked at some of the statutory requirements and it put me off of the daycare idea, at least for today.

What are some of your dream jobs? I would like to know what other people daydream about.

3 comments:

  1. Yay Candice you can totally do it!! Holly I have a very interesting/funny life story I think we need to collaborate on a couple books. Maybe call them: Who Not to Marry and How NOT to Throw a Praty (they can be like guide books with rules and what not). Seriously lets toss around some ideas. Split the profit 60-40 You can have 60 since you would do all the writing. (I know I am nice like that!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin Andrews has my dream job. Lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete