Monday, October 11, 2010

Project Gold-be-gone

We are currently up to our ears in home renovations at our new house. I am not sure if I have blogged about it in its entirety so I will give a quick recap. Basically, we had our master bathroom tiled. (It was carpet, which is gross). When they pulled the facing off of the bottom of our shower, we found out that our shower pan was cracked and we had mold and mildew underneath it. That explained the funk-ish smell that we had previously attributed to sulphur in the water. My apologies to Bartlett water for questioning its cleanliness.

Anyway, this disgusting discovery led to our decision, or, rather, forced our hand into taking out our somewhat ghetto shower and replacing it. We are taking out the porcelain facade shower (think re-bath) and replacing it with tile. In the process, we are trading out our super brassy gold shower faucet and nozzle. They are atrocious. Although this was an expense that we were not prepared for and did not expect, I am at least glad that we are getting new and nice shower products. We totally forgot, however, that we also needed to replace the handles and spout on the tub. The only one in the finish we like is SO SUPER expensive that we will have to wait on that one. Boo :( Bathroom faucets and the like are ridiculously expensive. It's offensive, really.

In further renovation news, I am also replacing lights throughout the house, one by one. As we speak, my husband and sweet dad are replacing the hanging light in the entryway and after that, they are headed into the dining room to replace that one as well. I am pumped! To say that I hate the light fixtures that came with this house is an understatement. All of this renovation is also really helping me to make this house my own.

I will post pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. My goodness. You guys are sooo busy! Can't wait to see pics. And Pure Barre was awesome. I think they have a 3 month special for new moms too.

    ReplyDelete