Tuesday, May 18, 2010

More Progress

Well, we got the dresser for Carter's nursery. I was disheartened immediately when I saw the box that it came in. It was MUCH smaller than the dresser itself, which could only mean one thing: that it was completely disassembled. Billy and I opened the box on Friday and my suspicions were immediately confirmed. The dresser was in no less than one million pieces. I mean, if you are going to purchase a dresser for hundreds of dollars, is it really too much to ask that the dresser come assembled? I understand the need for the crib to come with assembly required, because you would not be able to fit it through doorways and whatnot, but there is no excuse for the dresser coming disassembled. It was a nightmare.

Needless to say, the dresser was not as pleasant an experience for us. We did not, I am afraid, get through its assembly without a fight. Nevertheless, we conquered the dresser. It is completely assembled and the baby now has a place for all of his teeny clothes and I can finally start to relax because I can now start to organize all of his things.

On an unrelated note, the husband's baseball team has advanced to the Region Finals. They need to win on Friday in order to advance to the State Tournament, but it is really exciting. I have come a long way since Billy and I first married. I HATED baseball. I thought it was about as interesting as watching grass grow. I did not attend a baseball game until our second year of marriage and even then, I probably only went to one or two games. Now, I find myself at nearly every game when the weather is nice. (I am still not supportive enough to brave the elements for a ball game. I think I will only go to freezing cold or sweltering hot games when I have a child out on the field). High school sports are so much more fun to watch than professional sports, particularly baseball. I have come to realize that part of the reason I hated baseball before, was that my husband, a former pitcher, likes to watch games with amazing pitching...which equals few hits. That is boring to me still. Plus, in high school and college, kids care about the sport. They are playing for the pride of winning, not for money or contracts. Whatever the reason, I have become a fan of Billy's little baseball team. They are cute as pie. I have even learned most of the starters' names. I am one step away from a BHS shirt and some jean shorts (the seemingly required baseball parent uniform). Okay, that may be a stretch, but I really am excited for these boys. I will keep everyone posted!

2 comments:

  1. I will pay money to see you in a pair of jorts...double the price if you are preggers while wearing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you wish. I will get some jorts, a BHS shirt, and a pin with Billy's picture on it that says something cool like "Number 13 on the field, number 1 in my heart." haha!

    ReplyDelete