Monday, June 7, 2010

What Were We Thinking?

A few months ago, everyone in the world had something to say about us getting a puppy right before we had a baby. This blog post is not the "you were right" that you people might be hoping for. While Berry is our little devil child, we still love her and think that it was the right decision and time for us to add to our ever-growing family.

No, this post is to discuss what Billy and I were thinking when we decided to move into a new house before the baby came. Today is June 7, which means that I am due exactly ONE month from today. We are currently waiting on my in-laws to move their stuff out so that we can move our stuff in, but they have been married for 40+ years, so they have LOTS of stuff. The closer we get to D-day, the more anxious I get that we may not be fully IN our current house or our new house when baby Carter comes. Billy, of course, does not understand the overwhelming urge to ready the baby's room and clean the house and have everything in order.

I am trying to remain calm, but it is not in my nature to be calm. I am an anxious and controlling person by nature. I do not thrive in chaos, and I feel my life is filled with chaos right now. I woke up at 4 a.m. today and was not able to go back to sleep because my mind was racing.

Yesterday, my two oldest and best friends threw me a baby shower and the move was the topic of conversation, it seemed. Every single person asked me when we were moving and I felt such anxiety at not being able to give a definite answer (to them or to myself) that I literally worked myself into a panic. I slept from 12 until 4. I am pretty sure I am supposed to be getting my sleep now, while I can, but I am finding it more and more difficult to do that!

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. I hope things will get easier for you. It will all get done and Carter will come in to a world filled with love and happiness no matter where mommy and daddy are putting their heads at night.

    ReplyDelete